Prevx Edge Question.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Taliscicero, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I also find it funny how goverments have left the companies do whatever activation scemes they want, without anyone actually knowing, what's sent out. People worry with Opera's unique identification (in previous versions), but they don't worry, because nobody searches about it, if MS or any other company, uses activation which can provide unique identification.

Or there was a huge fuss about CPUs that would come out with unique serial numbers and at the end Intel cancelled that project. But nobody investigates how online activations work and what they send out.

I mean, i find it funny, to make fuss about Opera that can visit a site and can be identified as "that Opera that visited us 2 days ago", while it's not a fuss to have a product that has my name and surname - address in their database and at minimum knows when i install and what was my IP in that precise time.

Of course, i hope, that this will change in the next generations of politicians, that will be hopefully more in contact with technology than the current dinosaurs.

2. Fuzzfas

Personally i have nothing particularly against PrevX, i think only 3DFirestarter's pressure is at stake.

My rant is a general one, not targeted specifically at you. As a matter of fact, i blame MS for this and for having by far the most annoying activation procedure, which can require phone call.

The rest is a general way of seeing this as a further step towards "big brother" practices. There's always a good reason for imposing restrictions. Or at least an apparently good one. In EU for example, because of terrorism, they now keep copies of SMS, the sites you visit and emails. Of course this won't hinder any terrorist attack, because terrorists know this too, so they can use regular paper to comunicate i guess, coded messages or even pidgeons i guess. Of course, i am sure someone will propose to open letter envelopes in the future too, for our own good. And of course sooner or later we 'll hear for the next "Data leak of million of citizens whose electronic data were breached/leaked by mistake".

The latest, was a new scanning machine that they wanted to install to airports that can make you appear practically naked. But this is something the political dinosaurs can grasp, and since they don't like the idea for themselves, it was voted against in the EU parliament and now they 're looking for someone to sell the scanners (that they had already bought without approval! Talk about trust!).

3. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I don't want my remaining duration i want what was falsely sold to me in full refund not partial, what i cheeky thing to say xD

4. Mosqu

Mosqu Registered Member

@Fuzzfas: I see.

5. horseman

horseman Registered Member

Just checked - fraid they're not on Ebay yet! o_O

6. Fuzzfas

LOL! You have my sympathy. I think they will give you full refund. It would be bad pubblicity in the forum if they don't.

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I'm not in charge of refunds - you'll have to talk to them to see but you have been using the software already so I'd imagine you'd be refunded the remaining balance (could be wrong however).

It's like driving a car for 5 years, not liking it, and trying to trade it in for the original price you bought it for :)

8. Fuzzfas

Not yet. But if you go to London, Amsterdam or Zurich, you can ask at the airport if they have a spare to sell you. :D

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20090127-17023.html

9. Taliscicero

Its nothing like a car, a car depreciates in value because its material and all things material ware out, My guess is your software doesn't change for the worse the longer the user uses it "like a car" if this is the case then PrevX have some explaining to do :D

And i have already contacted support the first time they reply within 2 hours, The second message i sent to them was for a refund, after i said the word refund i got no reply ;/

10. Fuzzfas

Not exactly. I believe in this case, there is not a problem of not liking it, but a "hidden vice", as i believe is mentioned in legal terms. Meaning, the initial contract, states "1PC", not "1 windows installation". And such a vice, requires time to be discovered.

The paragon would be that you are sold a car with "X" type of brakes,on the contract, while, when you go to the 10.000 km check, you discover, from the engineer, that they have put you "Y" type of brakes, inferior in specifications to the supposed "X" brakes.

Anyway, it's your company's call...

11. Taliscicero

The best way for prevX team to win my respect back is give me a full refund, and then make sure that they make a CLEAR statement on there web site saying that it only covers one operating system, none of this hidden agenda in a really long readme file stuff that some people do, and if they do this there product wont be miss sold and the users will be more happy.

12. PrevxHelp

Refunds have to go through our sales company, Cleverbridge, so I'm guessing it may take until Monday.

As I said, I'm not involved in refunds so I'm not sure how the refund process works :) The software isn't like a car but in the case of CSI, if you've used it to clean your computer already, you have already used its value so we generally don't give full refunds (if for some reason it didn't clean up everything properly, we will clean it up manually for you via remote assistance, etc. or improve it to clean it up completely).

13. Taliscicero

Ahhh okay so its like a car!

Wait but.... you said, the software is like a car ;-;

I'm confused is the software a car or not a car?

Personally i think the software is a piece of developed code probably made in C++, definitely not a car.

14. PrevxHelp

I was talking about the licensing when I used the analogy to the car. If you've cleaned your computer with a purchased version of CSI, you have received value from CSI already so we don't refund the full purchase price.

15. Taliscicero

Quite honestly i uninstalled it straight away when i bought it, And since you and i both know PrevX is in breach of contract I technically didn't even buy the program that i payed for so PrevX took my money and didn't give me the program i payed for since i payed for 1PC licence not 1OS licence.

So i am fully Entitled to my full credit amount.

16. PrevxHelp

As I've said many times, I am not in charge of refunds :D I've made a note on your account but I do not have the final say in this. It will most likely take until Monday to get your refund processed.

At the moment, I cannot do anything further.

17. Taliscicero

Excuse me.... How could you have made a note on my account, i diddent even give you my details.

18. PrevxHelp

I found your message in the inbox :)

19. Taliscicero

Umm.......... how? Either business ain't going so good lately or you just have a "Huge" amount of time on your hands o_O

I neither share my account name with the account in question or have given you any keywords to search with.

20. PrevxHelp

Simply that no one else has complained about it today and you wrote in this thread with an approximate time of when you wrote in before.

21. Taliscicero

That makes no sence, it would if you only had 8 or 9 customers, Well, Maybe you do i don't know. ;/

Also if i seem hostile i am sorry about it, but i don't like it when contracts are broken, and i am sure your a perfectly nice Guy/Girl trying to make a liveing the best you can.

22. PrevxHelp

It was me who replied to you last time so it automatically assigned the message to me this time. Of the of messages I've taken care of today, it took me about 5 seconds to realize that yours was this one. Not exactly rocket science ;)

And I appreciate the hostility on an otherwise calm Saturday :)

23. Taliscicero

Hmmm, I'm still not convinced, if this is true you will have no problem telling me the email account name i made the request with then?

24. Mosqu

Mosqu Registered Member

And there are many in-between: not paying for unprotected software, but never actively searching for warez. Here the vendors benefit from online-activation. I wouldn't compare that with house-observation. It's different: They just see, when I install their product. This is not sensitive data in my eyes and therefore no privacy violation. - Just my opinion... :D

Edit: Forgot to mention the IP-addresses. It's not just a matter of activation. We leave our traces everywhere - especially at forums, support, banks and shops (buying sofrware included). And the ISPs know even more... Privacy has become quite diffiocult at all. But I don't care (yet), since I do not have secrets online. It's similar to be seen on the street by someone who knows you. And in a small village everyone knows almost everythiing about each other. (I admit I am happy not to live there. :D)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  25. PrevxHelp

When you asked:
    "Hi, I just purchased your product for my pc, and for some reason its giving me an error you can only use this licance on 1 PC , I dual boot my pc with XP and Vista And i thought 1 licance meant it would cover both since its on the same pc.....

Get back to me on this i am most confusedo_O?"

I responded with:
    "Hello,
    One license will only cover one operating system so you will need to have a license for each one. However, you can purchase multiple licenses at a discount and if you want to move your license to the other computer (i.e. if you installed on XP and want to just use it on Vista) we can reset this for you.

Regards,
    Prevx Support"

I'm not going to give out an email address publicly ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.