Prevx Edge Help Please!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Cutting_Edgetech, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I have been using Prevx since Prevx 1. I rolled my drive back to an earlier image with Acronis True image 11. Now everything works except for Prevx Edge. It will not connect to the internet. I feel like i have tried everything. I uninstalled Online Armor, and reinstalled Edge without online armor. Edge still will not connect. Everything else on my computer connects to the internet with not problems. Prevx Edge will not connect to their servers. The only response i have gotten from Prevx in 3 days is can you connect to the Prevx website? Are you out there anywhere Prevx? Well maybe someone else knows the problem. I'm using XP SP3. I was thinking an XP service got disabled possibly that Prevx is dependent on. I tried turning several on that was disabled under administrator tools with no luck. Anyone got any ideals? Again Prevx Edge will not connect to the internet. I get a message informing me that Edge is unable to connect with their servers.

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

some times it happens like if you for exampl reformatted your pc or machine name's changed then you have to change/edit in/to my prevx account and make changes if you have too:D it happens to me before when i had same problem as you:thumb: problem solve
    i can only register prevx for 2 machines and i trid to install in another one

3. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

It should be noted that your Edge should've updated to PrevX 3.0 already :) not sure if this has anything to do with your issue though

3.0 works fine here

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Jmong, I rolled my pc back to an earlier image, but my computer name remained the same. I don't believe that is the problem because i had that happen once in the past, and it gave me a message informing me that i could only use my license on 1 pc. I will check to make sure though. Thanks for the response.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I'm here! :D Could you try checking if you have any parental filtering software installed which could be blocking access? We've had quite a few users complaining about this recently, and that could be the cause.

If not, let me know and I'll see what other options we have :)

6. Cutting_Edgetech

I have blue coat K9 web protection installed. I will uninstall it, and see what happens. Thanks for the response.

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

K9 web protection is exactly the product we've been having some trouble with - you should be able to configure it to allow Prevx 3.0 through. The URLs it is blocking are in the format: g??.prevxinfo.com

Hope that helps! :)

8. Cutting_Edgetech

That was it! I spent most of my weekend racking my brain on what could be the problem. Ugh.... I wonder if K9 web protection was the same thing causing random lose of internet connection. After all the hassle it has gave me i don't think i will even install it back on my machine! Thanks for the response i was about to reformat, and start over! Thanks a lot!! I would have never figured it out!

9. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

Cutting_Edgetech,
    If you're using Vista, try the built in parental controls. I find it easy to use and no impact on performance.

10. Cutting_Edgetech

Thanks for the suggestion, but i'm not using vista right now.

11. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

Did you get your Prevx issue resolved?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.