PrevX Edge and Kaspersky AV 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aieie, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Sad to say this but, for me, there are still troubles for PrevX Edge and Kasperky AV 2009.

I already had submitted the problem in the other thread, but then it seemed that it was my self-protection enabling that caused the issue.

Well, it's not so.

Last version of Edge, two different PC..............only thing in common is OS (Vista Business on the first and Ultimate on the other one) and AV, Kaspersky AV 2009.

All settings in Edge left as default.

Icon tray not appering, or appearing after lot of time, huge and random delays...............and total freeze of the system during windows update on both systems.

Everything worked like a charm after booting in safe mode and unistalling Edge.

Sorry, guys...............the claims of compatibility ofthe software are promising but it's still too early for me to use Edge on my vista and kaspersky system.

Without need to say it, i'll be glad to test it again in time..........when more adjustments are done.

Keep up the good work

2. Cretemonster

Cretemonster Registered Member

Im more curious as to why you felt the need to start a seperate thread when these issues are allready being assessed in the ongoing PrevX thread.

Brings to question your motives and intent,neither of which appear to be positive or negative but rather singular.

We at PrevX are just as human as anyone else in this forum and cannot perform personal miracles not matter the desire or need,we are all working feverishly to have our product become compatiable with all other software on the market,however this doesnt happen in a day or a week.

I for one would appreciate these types of comments be kept in the thread thats allready been establlished,else it will stand a better chance of being overlooked.

3. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Sorry if all comments or problems about Edge had to be kept inside that thread, i didn't read anything similar but, if it's so, i apologize.

If, on the contrary, it's only your opinion i prefer to solve your doubts why i posted outside.

I have the opposite opinion, compared to yours, about this:

it's keeping all sorts of posts inside one thread only that gives a greater chance to be missed amidst all the others, and that thread is becoming really huge, lot of chances to miss something both for PrevX support and for people reading it.

Just in case you wonder, i am a licensed PrevX2 user, not one of those that like to badmouth software they do not use just for the sake to do that (if questioning my motives was in any way related to this).

Best Regards

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Dont even go there. He is a member here and is entitled to start a thread. If there are issues with it, the mods will do with it whatever is needed.

FYI, your customer service skills need improving.:cautious:

5. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Also adding to Trjam observations the thread"introducing the new prevx edge' it s hard to keep up with.There are to many posts.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello all,
    Thanks for starting a new thread - having to go thru 29 pages for information on an issue like this is quite tedious :)

I don't think this is an issue with Kaspersky at all. I think it is completely Edge related and from what we can see, it is nearly fixed in the test version. The problem is that we want to make ourselves as transparent to HIPS products so we use as few registry entries as possible. However, it is difficult to make yourself load on bootup without using a registry entry so, some incompatibilities may arise.

We are adamantly working on this and will have a solution ASAP. Once we get the bulk of the issues sorted, I'll send around a test version to double check that things are working better.

Thanks again for your precise information in this and your patience - just one more day of sorting this out and it should be working properly :)

7. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

So, you are an employee of Prevx? If you are, then you need to work on your customer relation skills. Like trjam said, the poster is entitled to start a thread, provided that he does so within the rules.

Also, it will not hurt to improve your writing skills.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Hmm, wonder why I didnt think of all that.:rolleyes:

9. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Thanks for your kind answer, and for letting me know there is someone at PrevX that doesn't feel opening a new thread like a reason to question my motives, lol.

Just to be sure, since i couldn't have not written all the things clearly:

i wanted to report three different kind of problems:

1) Icon tray not appering, or appearing after lot of time

2) huge and random delays of the PC during normal work activity

3) total freeze of the system during windows update on both systems

If issue number 1 seems evidently related to what you said, i see less correlation between avoiding using registry entries on issues 2 and 3.

Just to be sure all i noticed, and in two different PC, was clear.

Best Regards

10. PrevxHelp

Hello,
    I believe we've corrected all three of these problems in the most recent release - can you try downloading the newest version from http://www.prevx.com/prevxedge.asp and let me know if it fares any better for you? :)

11. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

Hmm, has the latest Edge version fixed this issue? It seems worse on my XP machine with the latest KIS and Edge. As soon as I uninstalled KIS my machine was back to its normal speedy self....
    I'm now testing Edge with Comodo CIS... so far so good.

Anyone else got any feedback with KIS?

12. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Will try to talk the guy who threatened me if i didn't uninstall the previous version of the soft, since it's his work computer, into installing the new version.
    Not sure if i can try it soon.

Anyway, i'll keep you posted if i have news.

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

13. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I have installed a few KIS 2009s. I find that it slows the computer a little & is quite "noisy" with updates. I don't install KIS unless a customer specifically asks for it or requires a cheap parental control feature. I certainly wouldn't run KIS alongside any other security software.

14. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Am running latest KIS 2009 Build and Edge 188 and my machine is flying. No slowdowns due to KIS (and certainly very quite in terms of updates) or Edge or both together on the same machine. IMHO this seems on the face of it to be a very good combination...but obviously eac user should try it for themselves as they may come across the issues raised by others who have tried this combination. ;)

15. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Gave it another try on a test machine (Vista 32bit business)..........

last KAV (506), last Edge (just downloaded from PrevX site).......after the first reboot system became unresponsive........Kaspersky didn't open the gui when requested at all.

Had to uninstall Edge.

Sorry, would've been happy to keep it running .

16. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Strange because I run KAV, Edge and DW without issue under Vista

17. PrevxHelp

FWIW, did you enable Self Protection in Edge?

18. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

I infer from your post that you are a PrevX employee "we at prevx" - Im stunned by your rude and agressive attitude to this customer. If one of my employees addressed a customer like this they would be looking for a new job five minutes later.

19. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

I don't think Cretemonster was rude at all. He/She only pointed out why make a new thread for imcompatibility. Quite frankly, it was a straight answer. :) On a side note, I would hire him/her if I had a company. Google and you'll find out.

20. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

I tend to side with Miyagi on this one :) Large forum such as this, it's better to keep posts about one software in one thread, that is if they are relevant at all.

To Max Zorin, customer is not always right :D In fact, sometimes they can be quite the a**holes. This coming from a person who's has been both customer and one serving customers :)

21. Cretemonster

Cretemonster Registered Member

I get the "you sound rude" thing alot for being a 'matter of fact' and 'honest/forward' person.

There was no ill intent by my remarks and further more,this isnt any sorta official prevx support forum in any context,so Max Zorin "Pffft!" :blink:

Ive spent the last 10 yrs in forums and have some gazillion post across many forums but this is the first Ive ever seen multiple topics for a single product.

Believe me,yall here have much more pull and leverage in prevx than I,this there is no doubt about. ;)

@Miyagi...I do apologize if my words were offensive,that was not the intent.

22. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

In other words, rude

See above

If this were true, there would only be one topic on Wilders for SAS, one for MBAM, one for Avira etc - there are hundreds of individual topics for each app - this is normal practice on this and all other sites. There is no forum anywhere that is as you describe.o_O

23. aieie

aieie Registered Member

No, all settings were at their default.

Best Regards

24. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Hope you don't include me in the a**holes thing.

I opened a new thread because i felt the other one was too big to make problems noticed, as i said earlier too (and it seems to me it's common practive in every security forum, this included) and not everyone at Prevx felt it was a questionable move since PrevxHelp thanked me for doing so, as you can read in one of his previous posts.

You cannot agree with my opinion about a new thread, but when it comes to opinion mine is as good as everyone else, i hope, if it comply with the forum rules so no need to "question my motives and intents".

Best regards

25. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Wow Mr Sensitive, dont take a lot to get you upset.
    In the real world, you learn to numb down things (feelings and emotions) and what may be rude to one person, is perfectly normal to another - personally, I thought the latter, it wasnt rude and agreed with both Cretemonster and aieie from each person's POV.

Cretemonster also appologised and mentioned he didnt mean to be rude. Personally, I find it rude when people try to justify themselves or appologise and others do not listen and keep thinking in a negative manor, reading/thinking what they want to and nothing else, sort of "selective hearing".

Basically, take a chill pill and get over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.