prevx does not install

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by ternerito, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ternerito

ternerito Registered Member

I am running a test of prevx ent. on several machines (XP pro sp3 x86). Testing has been very smooth so far. One problem I found was that prevx agent would not install on one machine. The installer starts, but exits after a few seconds, and the agent does not get installed. Anywhere I can look to start troubleshooting this?

thanks

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Does it install if you run the .msi manually? I had a couple of machines where the "deploy" option didn't work, but manually running the .MSI did work.

If it does, you may find that on remote machines you can use psexec.exe to deploy it via a command line (in silent mode - no GUI).

Jim

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You also may wish to try installing the consumer agent as a test. Some malware infections prevent Prevx from installing but we have counter measures available if this is the case.

Let me know what you find!

4. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I'd be interested whether you got it working. I've not been able to remote install onto any of my client pcs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.