Prevx disabled when I logoff and logon with new user

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Pain of Salvation, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation Registered Member

When I logoff my standard user account and logon with another account, Prevx does not start. And if I get back the previous standard account, Prevx does not start automatically either. I have to manually start Prevx real time protection. Why?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you please let me know what sequence of actions you're using and if you've installed Prevx as an administrator? It may be worth uninstalling/reinstalling but we've had some users report similar behavior in the past and if you can reproduce it every time, we would definitely be interested in correcting the issue :)

Thank you for the help!

3. Pain of Salvation

1. Installed Prevx with an Administrator account.
    2. Created another administrator account and changed the previous account to Standard account.
    3. When I logoff the standard account and login in the new administrator account, Prevx does not start automatically.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thank you for the information - could you also please let me know if you have any AppLocker configuration in place and what your UAC settings are?

Thanks! :)

5. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

painofsalvation, i normally see the same thing when prevx is first installed.. if you shut down the computer and then restart it and login the particular user account, prevx should run normally then.. that is what i always have to do.. you just have to do that, shutting down and then rebooting and logging into the particular user account, one time.. after that, prevx will run normally when logging out of one user account and then logging into the particular user account..

6. Pain of Salvation

UAC was in default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.