Prevx detection

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Tarnak, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I can't figure out why this file (see screenshot) is detected, but not when I am running the latest RC 3.0.5.23 in another snapshot. BTW, my license has expired recently. ;)

Since, I am confident of keeping things out of my system ( famous last words), that I don't want, I feel fine in running Prevx for detection only. :D

Attached Files:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you send a scan log to report@prevxresearch.com so we can investigate it closer? :) Thanks!

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Log scan sent. :)

If anyone is interested I got the detected file from here (see screenshot), which link was posted in another Wilders' thread ;)

Attached Files:

4. PrevxHelp

Avast detects the file as well... and it was originally named "EQSecure - treat with caution".

Is it possible that this is an infected/modified version?

I'm downloading the exe from that link now and should have some results shortly :)

5. PrevxHelp

Hmm.... the file from the link you've posted is different from the file in the log you sent - we don't detect the one from the link (only PC Tools does as a FP as the file is legitimate).

It might be worth replacing your file with the new download just to make sure you're using a clean version :) Or, feel free to send over the file you have for further analysis if wanted.

6. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I tracked down the thread where the detected file was mentioned, See post #10 in - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=256388

7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Sorry, I think I referenced the wrong file in my post. I will send you the exe shortly. I am on dial up, so it takes awhile. So don't wait up for it. Joe you have to sleep, some time. :D

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I received a reply from report@Prevxresearch, earlier this morning, advising the detection has been removed. A scan has confirmed. :)

Also, they advise it may be a cracked version of EQSecure.

9. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

'treat with caution' was the name I originally gave this file on my PC after I downloaded it from the Wilders thread. Hitman subsequently detected it and I presume has uploaded it, from where it has found its way to Prevx. Hmmmm.

10. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Just to clarify, I initally posted the incorrect file as per my post in #3 above.

I should have referenced this file instead, see post #19 - About EQSecure Pro 4.2 - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1567932&postcount=19

So where Joe says,

he is referring to an incorrect file mentioned by me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.