Prevx & CyberHawk/ThreatFire

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Gren, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Excuse what may be a simple question, but what are the differences between these programs? Are they trying to do the same thing?

I've tried Prevx2 and liked it although I did remove it after a month as things seemed to be slowing down. Maybe it was a combination of things but as Prevx was last one in it was first one out.

I'm now intrigued by the new version of Threatfire. Not sure I need it but it may be a suitable replacement for CounterSpy (paid for) when my subscription runs out - or am I way off the ball with this swap?

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Depends on what you allready have running but most like to run a dedicated AS alongside some sort of HIPS or 2. Another question how paranoid you might be and how safe you surf. I run SAS and CS, y not trial SAS for a change. My experience with those 2 is that SAS has far more better removal capabilities and CS has higher detection of malware in general especially trojans. Have fun.

3. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I also run SAS but only in free/on demand mode. I figured that using the program that had better detection rates (CS - from what I've heard) was the best choice for real time and the one that had better removal rates (SAS) was better for scanning on demand. NOD32 and SpywareBlaster, behind NAT router and ZA Free (Vista laptop so waiting for a stable Comodo release) complete the setup. Use FF with add-ons whenever possible.

My surfing is not always safe but I do manually scan all downloads so I should be okay. A weekly Acronis backup puts my mind at rest.

Essentially like most my setup is probably 'good enough' but also like most I like to tinker and this is just another layer or thing to tinker with.

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

PREVX2 and CH/TF are not there,yet better look at PS,NAB or OA for now. Those deliver and ask little in return -) minimal system impact, better test results and stable. Cheers.

5. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Thanks again. Love the look of OA but no Vista version yet (although on its way) - it's on my 'keep an eye on it' list

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.