Prevx CSI Scanner?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ErikAlbert, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

Prevx has become so tight lipped regarding Prevx2. something is going on and it's anyones guess if it's good or bad.

Mike

2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Yes. I have noticed that. They are very quick to brag up CSI but when it comes to 2.0 ... silence. As long as they dont completely drop it though. I would be pretty peeved to have only had it for a couple months and then find its no good to me. As it is, it's pretty powerful. Especially if you have it on Pro mode.

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

I have been asking the very same question SINCE last Christmas !

The recent situation reminds of Prevx Home era, just prior to launch of Prevx1. :rolleyes:

Keep fingers crossed, Prevx 2 die-hard fans !

4. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I just tried scanning with version 1.9.105.179 but when the scan comes to checking threats against the Prevx database I get an error stating that an internet connection can not be established. But the connection is fine, I can browse anywhere I like etc.

Anyone having similar issues?

EDIT: Scan seems to be working again, although it goes through the Prevx database extremely fast.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  5. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Read Marco's post #25 in this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=199130&highlight=prevx
    and pay particular attention to paragraph #5

quote:
    "But I'm sure you can understand we can't release a whole new version of Prevx in an update. And, moreover, the fact that we're more quiet lately - at least on the front of Prevx 2.0 - couldn't it be a hint that we're developing something new, some major improvement (redesign of the whole software, for example) that can't be released as simple updates?"

and paragraph #6

quote:
    "Besides, since the release of Prevx 2.0 we've released a number of bug fixes and minor improvements to our core engine. This mean that actually we've reached a good stability and we're working on something totally new."

To me that says yes, Prevx 2.0 is being developed further. But I suppose we will just have to be patient till they are ready to release it.
    Also notice that Darren (ghiser1) hasn't posted here or at the Prevx Castle Cops forum for quite some while. Busy developing?

Ian

6. a320ca

a320ca Registered Member

Any estimate on the date of this big update?

Thanks!

7. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

It's already out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.