Prevx CSI logs

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by GabolaN, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabolaN

GabolaN Registered Member

Hi there. Im new here at the forum :D Sorry in advance for my English :p

First Id like to congratulate Prevx team because you have surely made a real "strong" tool :thumb:

Well, my question is simple: Is there any tutorial or guide about how to read a Prevx LOG? I will give this program an oportunity as Ill start to use it to fix my clients PCs (among with huge apllications like Malwarebits, Ewido or Hijackthis, feel proud :D ), so I really need a guide or something so I can learn to read the logs. I´ve found a thread in this forum about the letters, but I´d like more information.

PD: I´ll also install Prevx EDGE trial version on my clients PCs when I gave them back, hope there´s no problem with this. In fact, I think they are propable to buy the license.

Yours sincerely,
    GN

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    The letters define the actual decision found from the database and the files are sorted by determination. Besides that, there isn't much else to the log :)

Please let me know if you have any questions about any particular determination, however, or if you do have any further questions about the log!

3. GabolaN

Hello,

¿So it means that files with letter B were the only removed by Prevx? Can I trust in it´s detection engine? I dont want to eliminate true positives :S

I have found in my sistem´s log these ones:

UP
    GP

4. PrevxHelp

Yes, B's are the known malware. UPs are suspicious, but not enough to be considered definitely malicious currently (although that may change over time as more data is collected from the files).

Gs and GPs are trusted and good. Please let me know if you have any further questions! :)

5. GabolaN

Excelent!

The last one for tonight, I promisse: :p

Does the trial version of Prevx CSI, delete automatically the letters B founded?

6. PrevxHelp

No, CSI will not clean anything in the trial version - you will need a full cleanup license to remove infections.

7. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Theres no more ewido, use these: MBAM, SAS, Dr.WebCureIt

8. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Is a trial license still not possible, e.g. through request?

9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Send PrevxHelp a PM with a request for a "one week test license for cleanup + protection"
    They were kind enough to give me one. :thumb:
    I bought a lic after the test lic was over. :D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  10. PrevxHelp

The trial licenses are still available, but it does depend on the situation - he looks like he wants to clean up customer PCs and requesting a license on-demand would be a bit of a delay. However, if wanted, let me know the day before you go to work on a PC and I can get you a test license ready :)

11. GabolaN

Many thanks PrevxHelp :thumb: . But I just prefer to install CSI on my customer PCs and perform a scan so I have more tools to identify malware and remove them. Then I leave CSI installed on their PC so they can decide if they want to get a licence :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.