Prevx CSI 3.0, or "break it if it works" :\

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Lovecraft, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Registered Member

CSI 1 & 2 worked well, so of course they had to change that with the new version 3...

They changed the interface, removed the tray-click options (can't right-click and update it anymore, you have to open it and dig through two menus). Worst of all, it can't be shut down - the option is gone.

It also causes my system to often restart when I try to shut down Windows, but I guess that's a system-specific bug. (Unless this, too, is some sort of "new feature" that v3 added :\)

But the lack of shut-down option is the real deal breaker. Well, so much for CSI on my system, then, here goes "uninstall". Too bad they had to break what worked.

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Click tray icon then click 'check for updates' (bottom right of GUI)

Right-click tray icon, click 'stop protection', scroll to 'enable on reboot'

philby

3. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

Not sure which version you have but on mine 3.0.1.62 it has all those options.

Right click the tool bar icon left click Configure Protection and the update option is clearly visible and right clicking the tool bar icon provides the stop protection option.o_O

4. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Me, too!

5. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Me three!!!!

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

If the options aren't showing for you, right click on the tray icon and click Stop Protection then scroll down to the bottom of the list and select "Remove Protection", then the Stop Protection button.

The menu should then re-appear, but let me know if you see anything differently :)

7. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Yeah,that is a lot of steps to exit from real time monitoring.

8. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It is indeed a bit of a "runaround" - I'll see what we can do with adding a more logical option for this :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.