Prevx constantly disabled and restarting

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

On a windows 7 ultimate 32 bit pc with Avast 5.1.889 and Prevx 3.0.5.220 facebook version Prevx is constantly restarting :S Everytime a new normal green Prevx icon shows up in notification area, turning into an Prevx disabled icon(green core turning black and red stop sign in right corner) and again a new spawns and if you don't mouse over the old ones they stay and you get like 30 icons on the taskbar o_O
    I'm not sure since when this is but this is the family desktop and I noticed this today. Windows updates from yesterday are not yet installed, though I'm installing them now.

Avasts reports everything is safe, and I did a scan with Hitman Pro 3.5 with early warning scoring on and that showed a clean scan.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It's possible that the driver is unable to communicate with the service so it is retrying the connection - could you please send me the file C:\ProgramData\PxData\csidb.csi to report@prevxresearch.com and then try uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling and see if this corrects it?

Thanks!

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

Hi Joe,

The new windows updates are now installed and Prevx protection got enabled and running after the installing reached 100%. Even after I rebooted to complete the updates Prevx still seems to be fine. If you'd still like to locate the problem, I've sent the csidb.csi file via email as requested.(It was located in ProgramData\PrevxCSI btw, the folder PxData doesn't exist.)

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Glad you have got it sorted, though if I correctly understood the problem disappeared after the windows updates were installed. If so, I wonder how Prevx could be relying on Windows updates :doubt:

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It's possible that this round of Windows updates is disabling/re-enabling attached filter drivers (as I believe they've made a few kernel changes). Prevx doesn't appreciate anything interfering with it so it could very well have been due to the updates.

I've apparently been spending too much time working on products that aren't released yet :D Thanks!

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx Joe for clarification. I really was afraid Bill has acquired Prevx from Webroot :D

7. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I've a few customers where Prevx went haywire after the Windows updates. I used the Forceuninstall, rebooted & Prevx installed itself with no problem.

8. BoerenkoolMetWorst

But the problem already started before the updates even started downloading.

9. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I had the same thing happen with Prevx about a month ago. If I remember correctly I had just uninstalled one of my other real-time app, and that's when Prevx started disabling, and reenabling itself over and over again. I uninstalled Prevx, and then reinstalled it. That fixed the problem for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.