Prevx caused system problems

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by rodmac51, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodmac51

rodmac51 Registered Member

My system was working fine but I ran the free trial of Prevx3 which detected malware. I registered and followed the instructions to clean my PC. All went well but as soon as I rebooted the following problems started:

1) It takes much longer for windows to open
    2) The desktop items are all locked and can't be unlocked.
    3) The appearance has changed and I can't alter it
    4) System restore is unavailable and I can't roll back.
    5) I am unable to access the internet - web pages or email (this is being sent from another computer).

As system restore has been disabled I've tried the 'undo' command within Prevx but still it doesn't help.

Tech support sent me a script to add to the registry, which I followed to the letter, but it's not worked. I now have a useless computer.

Can anyone offer some help please (in laymans terms please!!)

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    I'd recommend continuing with our tech support within our support inbox as they would be more familiar with your case.

In the meantime, it might be useful to collect a few files - namely the CSICleanupLog.log file stored in C:\ProgramData\PrevxCSI\ on Vista/Windows 7 or in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\PrevxCSI\ on XP and upload them to us within our support inbox.

If you aren't getting an answer from our tech support team, feel free to send me a PM with your email address and I'll ensure that your case is escalated as needed :)

Let me know if you have any questions!

3. rodmac51

rodmac51 Registered Member

Thanks. I've sent a PM with email address.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure how to send copy of log file because I can't access the internet on the computer affected?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.