Prevx & Avira Premium Conflicts

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zach, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zach

zach Registered Member

Has anyone had any problems with running a scan with Aivra? Everytime I run a scan the scan will freeze. I cannot complete a full scan. It was suggested to me that Prevx might be the problem and that I should uninstall Service: CSIScanner - Prevx - C:\Program Files\Prevx\prevx.exe

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You can't uninstall the CSIScanner service as that is a core component of Prevx. I haven't heard of any problems with Avira but you may want to try lowering the Prevx self protection and rebooting to see if that clears it up.

I'll let the other members here answer as I know quite a few use Avira!

3. zach

zach Registered Member

Ok Thanks

4. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

I used Avira Premium and PrevX for a time but with PrevX as on-demand only. I also placed all PrevX process' in the exclusions list of Avira so there would be no conflict. A friend is using Avira Personal with PrevX free but has PrevX as realtime with Avira Personal as on-demand. Exclusions also for all process of both.

5. guest

guest Guest

I have no problems with Prevx & Avira Premium paired on machines running XP, Vista, Win7. - So that's unlikely the cause of your problems. But what you described sounds very familiar to me, though.

Back then a part of Fritz!DSL software was the cause of those troubles (Fritz!Protect, outgoing firewall of Fritz!Box router software suite). Once Fritz!Protect was disabled there were no such problems anymore like you described above.

Whatever it is on your system .. good luck finding the culprit.

6. zach

zach Registered Member

Ill try the exclusions first. Thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.