Prevx and Returnil

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Uli9000, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uli9000

Uli9000 Registered Member

Hi

Does anyone know if Prevx and Returnil are compatible? My concern is that Prevx will forget any system information gathered during the Returnil virtual sessions.

Thanks for any help.

Uli

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

If by compatible you mean can they be used together without conflict, the answer is yes. You are correct that Prevx will forget any system information gathered during Returnil virtual sessions unless you take steps to save Prevx's settings before exiting the virtual system.

All of Prevx's settings are usually found in the following location on Windows XP (don't know about Vista and Windows 7, but shouldn't be too hard to find): -

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PrevxCSI"

So long as you have a paid version of Returnil and can access the File Manager feature, you will be able to save the contents of this folder prior to exiting the virtual system. If you are using the free version of Returnil, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The Vista/7 path is C:\ProgramData\PrevxCSI\

I'm not sure how Returnil virtualizes registry entries but the primary keys for Prevx are HKLM\Software\PCSI\ and HKCU\Software\PCSI\ (and then all of the services/drivers as well, which may need to be allowed separately).

4. Uli9000

Uli9000 Registered Member

Hi

Thanks for your info Joe. I've decided to stick with just prevx. My machine runs plenty fast with prevx thanks to it's very light weight and I plan on sticking with that.

Thanks

Uli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.