Prevx 3.0 with SafeOnline - Build 3.0.5.62

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by PrevxHelp, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello all!
    This new build has a handful of additional changes over build 3.0.5.60 and can be downloaded at:

http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?grab=edgebeta

The changelog is:

- Fixed compatibility with the Kaspersky Password Manager
    - Significant optimizations to the keyboard protection to reduce flicker on protected websites
    - Fixed compatibility with the Primax Mouse Suite to correct scrolling on protected websites
    - Websites configured with masks will now be opened properly when a credential warning is detected
    - Improved unicode keystroke identification
    - Improved messaging in the SafeOnline distribution to prevent user interference
    - Fixed an issue saving scan results on Unicode OS's
    - Improved identification of some versions of Chrome
    - Fixed an issue checking if the last scan was aborted
    - Fixed some graphical issues

There are currently two known bugs, one a display issue on the "1 hour ago"/"2 hours ago" entries in the list for SafeOnline scan configurations, and one which prevents uninstallation via the Control Panel. These will be fixed in a new build due out tomorrow.

Thank you all for your testing and assistance! Please let me know if you find anything else! :thumb:

2. guest

guest Guest

I just saw - tested 3 times - that if I (re)boot my system build 62 has it's main window open right from start? Splashscreen is DISabled in settings and I remember the normal behaviour was then always that there would be only the tray icon indicating Prevx was running and the main window was minimized by default?

And why is it telling me a scan would be required which mysteriously is not starting on it's own? (see screenshot)

p.s.: I have an idea, maybe there is no bug at all involved? :D

Maybe it has to do with enabling my external esata-HDD which
    was off during that last ON DEMAND / NOT AUTOMATIC -> 'full' scan?
    At the moment I guess so and also will test this of course.
    ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  3. guest

guest Guest

Running build 63 on XP SP3 during a 'full scan' has the effect
    that the 'black screen' (you know .. from screengrab protection)
    either goes not away - even if it should because the browser
    windows are closed - or does not kick in. I saw both cases
    happen more than once and wonder if this is a bug or feature. :D

4. PrevxHelp

Yes, this is correct - while the scan is running the protection will remain active. You can abort the scan and restart it if the black screen becomes annoying, however :)

5. PrevxHelp

This is possible - could you try just running a normal "Scan My PC Now" scan and see if that clears it up after a reboot? Prevx definitely should remain silent as long as there isn't anything you need to do at that moment (i.e. remove a threat :)).

6. guest

guest Guest

This sounds good if you say it this way ;) but not so much anymore if I tell you as I already mentioned that I saw also protection NOT kicking IN during such a 'full' scan. ;)

In this case I wasn't protected but screengrabingly so to speak 'naked'. :D
    (-> no black protection screen)

:D As you can imagine I figured that 'bug' (or feature if you say so :cool: ) out exactly this way.

I remember I did a full scan again when all my hdd's were 'online' and I believe after that this window wasn't there anymore on next reboot and did 'shut up'. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.