Prevx 3.0.5.50 Startup Bug

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by redwolfe_98, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i noticed that, sometimes, when i boot up, prevx does not show up in my "systray", indicating that it is not running.. if i look in "task manager", i can see that, indeed, it is not running.. the one instance of prevx, with user-name "system", is running, but not the second instance, which has my user-account-name.. (normally, if you look in "task manager", you will see two instances of "prevx" running)..

interestingly, after seeing that prevx wasn't running properly, if i tried to start it manually, by clicking the prevx shortcut, in my startup-list, it would NOT start, which seemed odd, considering that all of the prevx drivers, as well as the one prevx-proscess, with user-name "system", were running..

i use "system safety monitor" and it can show me if drivers are running, or not, and, after noticing that "prevx" was not properly running, i checked to see if the prevx drivers were running, as they should have been, and they were..

i thought that maybe this was related to using a limited-user account because the first time i noticed prevx's not properly starting was when i was running as a limited-user, but, today, i booted up in my administrator account and noticed that, again, prevx was not running.. incidentally, when i rebooted, prevx was running, that time..

i am running: win xpsp3, antivir, kerio 2.15, SSM, RegDefend, Prevx

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.