PreVX 2 uninstall issues

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by JayTee, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Please delete your PreVX 2 folder in \Program Files\ after uninstalling it. The uninstall process wasn't clean on my machine.

I deleted PreVX 2 sometime ago and when I happened to run ProcExp, I found still pxagent, a component of PreVX 2 still running as a service!

2. Manitoban

Manitoban Guest

This was the dirtiest uninstall I've ever seen. I used RegSeeker to search out things to remove, and there were a lot of them.

3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Lots of reg entries left on my PC after uninstalling Prevx,used JV16 power tools to find and remove them:-since removing Prevx pc running faster/better

4. Maintoban

Maintoban Guest

About 60 reg keys or values contained the string "prevx." I deleted all of them. Plus, what must have been almost the entire contents of the install folder remained. I deleted the folder. I'd like to see the company supply a list of things to remove, in the absence of a competent uninstaller.

5. chew

chew Registered Member

I used Ccleaner to remove the remnants of Prevx one then I re-installed Prevx 2 ... then uninsalled Prevx 2 again ... then re-installed 2 again... but I noticed one of the folder was still there whenever I uninstalled Prevx 2 ...

My patient is waring thin now since I cannot update it for whatever reason. I email them but to no avail.

I could update Prevx 1 but not 2.

Let's see ... hmmm ...

:mad:

6. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Consider deleting pxfsf.sys on \windows\system32\drivers as well when u r uninstalling PreVx 2.

A check shows that it is a PreVx 2 driver...

Of course please do a backup or rar it before deleting.

7. Manitoban

Manitoban Guest

Done. Thanks, JayTee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.