Prevx 2.0

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maddawgz, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi im running Prevx 2.0 beta is this program ok with resources?? or is there a better HIPS round......thanks MD

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Well, Prevx2 isnt a HIPS in the traditional sence, its more like CIPS (Community based intrusion preventionsoftware)
    The good thing with Prevx2 imo is that you let the community decide what is good or bad rather than you answering a gezillion popups, at least in the beginning after a the HIPS install when you whitelist your software to tell the HIPS what is good.

If you have the knowledge and the need to be in control you can try software like SSM, App- and Regdefend, Online Armor, Prosecurity, Safe´n´sec those apps will keep you busy for a while :)
    I havent tried Cyberhawk for a while but if I remember it correctly you dont get that many popups from it because it is also a bit community based.

3. interact

interact Registered Member

I checked PrevX website for V2 (beta) but cannot see any link for a download. Can anyone point me to a URL?

~interact

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

If you would like to try the beta version of Prevx2 Vista (32bit only) then do the following:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.