Previewing posts with screenies

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by StevieO, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

We used to be able to actually see any and all screenies we included with our posts when we previewed them. For some time now we only see the text, but no pics ?

Could we please revert to the much better way of previewing, as it enabled us to see precisely how they will look when posted.

TIA

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Unless I'm misunderstanding your issue, I would suggest you take a look at your setup considering it's working on this end as noted in the below preview screenie.

Given folks attach pics each and every day using the attach tags, this is the first report of an issue.

StevieOsetup.png

3. StevieO

Hi Bubba.

I've just done a preview test here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=250448

When i previewed the post i saw NO screenie, only the code for it as you showed.

What i'm hoping for is to see any/all screenies i want to post, in preview mode before i actually post. This way we can see in real time if there are any potential sizing/clarity/placement etc etc issues beforehand. Rather than having to go back and edit if required.

We used to be able to do this.

Attached Files:

• PT1.png
      PT1.png
      File size:
      77.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In your pic above in the Message: body area there is no attach code :doubt:

Are you indeed adding the attach code as noted in the instructions ?

Code:
    bbcode to display in post body: [B]{ATTACH]211144[/ATTACH}[/B]

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

To quote a friend of mine "You won't see the attachment in the preview pane, it will only be attached when you submit the post. The only way to see an image in the preview pane is when you're using (the attach tags within the body of your post) or img tags that link to an image via url."

From my experience, attachment preview has never been available.

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Having just remembered there's one other way you can preview what's been uploaded.
    Inside your cp, under miscellaneous on the left you can view your attachment stats.

attach_stats.jpg

========================

Even easier, you can click "current" too!

current_attach.jpg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Another confirmation. The instructions in Post #5 & #6 will display your image in preview mode.

As Bubba indicated in post #4, if the attach codes are placed there by the user before viewing, the preview will display the image.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  8. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Actually I have more or less the same problem as Stevie posted.
    Just only as an example (the last time I posted a screenie):
    The Express Assist update thread yesterday:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=250406
    I could not preview the screenie.

So, what *exactly* do I have to do to make it possible for me to preview a posting with a screenie?

(of course I could first upload it on Image Gallery, but I suppose we're not talking about that).

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As mentioned above and example given, placing the attach code in the "Message: body area" is one way to see the uploaded pic before preview.

10. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi Bubba,

I have not the slightest idea what you're talking about.

o_O

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009
  11. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Here are a couple of screen shots of what you should be seeing as per Bubba's descriptions. The main action is in the Additional Options section of the page.

When you start, it will look as follows (I'm using an in-line attachment now):

Pic1.png

Once you upload any (or all) pictures, you'll see the needed code appear above the Manage attachments button as shown below:

Pic2.png

Simply copy/paste that attachment code wherever you want in-line graphics to appear. This will also allow you to view them when you hit Preview Post

12. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If what Blue is showing and what I'm showing in post # 2 above is still not understandable, perhaps you can be a little more descriptive than o_O with what you are not understanding. Or perhaps your test thread you have started will bring you the answer :doubt:

13. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Blue and Bubba,

Thanks to you both.
    I guess that I'm now understanding.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  14. StevieO

Hi all.

Ok i think i see now, not exactly automatic though is it, you have to faff around a bit !

I must have been thinking about before when we could include off site URL screenies to post. That's why i probably always saw them when previewing. It was good because i could place the screenies precisely where i wanted them in a post, to explain things more clearly. If i'm reading it correctly, we can do that, if we attach the code where we desire inbetween our text, to achieve the same result ? How so anyway ! I'll do a few tests at some point and see.

Thanx all for your assistance at this time. 77 WABC time is now 11.02 AM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.