Preview of the new PG GUI

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Bowserman, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Well here it is folks, a preview of the new Process Guard GUI.....with permission from DCS of course ;).

Regards,
    Jade.

Attached Files:

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Well done Jade! (Jade got the short straw) :)

Lots of new toys to play with folks.

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Verrrry cool!
    Gotta get me one of those. :cool:

Cheers, Adrian.

4. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

*Drools* *puppy*

Ruff Ruff, I want one :D

5. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I just luvit, luvit, luvit, and when can we get our hands on it.

The Mul :cool:

6. Dardasaba

Dardasaba Registered Member

Uh oh, does that mean I'll have to buy the new PG after using version 1 for 2 months :'(

7. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

If you have already bought the 1.x version, the upgrade will be for free, if i am wrong DCS will correct me, but i'm nearly sure of it, because it should have been the 1.400 at start ;)

8. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I am pretty sure it will be free. DCS is the best there is as far as "free" upgrades. I would not have bought WorrmGuard 3 if not for the track record by DCS in this matter *puppy*

9. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Indeed, DCS is known for free upgrade, even if i wasn't a TDS2 user, i have heard that TDS2 users were upgraded to TDS3 for free :)

10. donsan

donsan Registered Member

Wow it looks great,any idea when it will be released. I'm not doing a thing this weekend sure would be fun setting it up.

11. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Bare in mind that the price of PG has gone up once since it came out (initial price, that is, not talking about version updates, which are free if you already own it).

If you haven't gotten it already, you might want to do so.

(I was amazed that they didn't raise the price more than they did the first time). Pete

12. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Yes it is a free upgrade for all registered users. We did raise the price from $19.95 to $24.95 after version 1.200 was released due to all the new features, but existing users got all those benefits for free. I doubt there will be any new version of Process Guard that we will charge existing customers to upgrade to, but there is the possibility that the price of PG will change for new customers.

-Jason-

13. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

Any chance to get a screenshot of the MD5 tab?
    Maybe it will shed some light on my old question: will PG provide MD5 for dlls?

14. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Hojtsy, We were only allowed to show one screeshot to the public - Sorry

IHopefully DCS will answer your question about MD5 protection in the next few hours

15. spm

spm Registered Member

OK, other than to boost someone's own ego, what is really the point of this thread?

It was started by posting a screen shot which says absolutely nothing of value. We know that some sort of MD5 checking is about to be released to PG - but how comprehensive or useful that will be remains to be seen (and the screen shot shows nothing of that); the only other information that can be gleaned from the screen shot is that of a re-presentation of the same info that is already present in 1.30. Big deal.

If this thread is not designed to massage egos in public, it's only other purpose can be an attempt to manipulate customers and their expectations. I for one do not appreciate it.

Please, just stop this nonsense. When v2 is ready, announce it and deliver it. Until then, drop the false theatrics.

16. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Steve,

It's rare for the public to be able to get sneak peaks at upcoming software releases, and from the sounds of it, everybody in this thread except you was very appreciative. Why that has offended you, I don't know, I'm assuming it's because you're still angry about a previous thread, but it seems that many of your recent posts have gone down this line of aggression towards forum members. Our regular customers know very well that we are very appreciative of constructive criticism, but your post is aimed at offending, not helping, and there is simply no need to attack forum members simply because of something so trivial as a preview screenshot. Thankyou for your co-operation.

Regards,
    Wayne

17. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

No not at this moment, though it may in the future.

Since the only possible way to get a DLL into another process with PG is to either overwrite a working DLL on the disk (hard) or write a proper plugin DLL for a common program like IE it is extremely unlikely that a DLL will ever get into another process. An EXE needs to run which places the DLL and PG would also alert on this EXE. So it would be very hard for a malicious user to place a DLL file or run an EXE on your system with the new PG.

-Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.