pretty critical problems!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

Have had 5.0.94 for a while, I came to run a back up and windows said it was corrupt, I opened task scheduler and had 6 error messages, I ran system restore, windows lost my printers.
    Today I clean re installed the operating system, after service pack 1 i installed eset, again now 3 tasks in task scheduler report they are corrupted or tampered with, again my printers do not work, in event log something is seriously messing with net framework, not allowing printer spooler to be shared. if for instance I open defrag it says setting controlled by third party program?
    I only have eset on here.
    What the hell is causing this? both drives were formatted before the reinstall whuch was going great untill either sp1 or eset was installed?
    any ideas?

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

well reinstalled again and all is ok (mse installed) trying to download v4.2 but can't find link on eset uk and password does not work on usa site, anyone got a link please? My old license always worked on usa site, I trust because I bought it with v5 it's backwards compatible? if not I feel a refund cometh!
    so found the download for v4.2 and my license key is not accepted, there is no support form just a phone number, I suppose this is due to my license being activated. Whilst I am not 100% sure v5 caused my issues, althought critical windows system blocking was a major issue in beta, I am 100% sure my license not working is an eset **** up.
    and Eset uk? contact form only available when you have program installed and no 24 hour phone number genious!
    Sorry found the support form!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
  3. Jdeane

Jdeane Eset Staff

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

yes, thanks. I worked it out, because I re installed I was using ie8 and for some reason copy paste doesnt seem to work on paswords and what I thought was rn was an m (if that makes sense. copy paste seems to work ok now I have ie9 and firefox. I am now running v4.2 thanks.
    No idea what borked my original and first reinstall all seems ok now though.

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

as an update pc was on all day tested everything everything was perfect. booted this morning thought hey I will try v5 again now pc is fully updated, after the first reboot I get new updates available, a lot of them, I already have them all, what is v5 blocking? I noticed this before i reinstalled all my hidden m/s optional updates could not see I had later versions installed (nvidia etc) if you install v4 (or any other av) when you show hidden updates it sees you have newer and removes them. This is not a firewall issue so it must be hips I suppose, something is blocking registry and or critical files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.