Premature trial expiry!!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kailasa108, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kailasa108

kailasa108 Registered Member

I installed the NOD32 trial about 5 days ago.

Then my laptop just died (whatever you do, do NOT buy a SONY - they have "planned obsolescence" it seems - write me if you want the full details on a $2000 piece of crap!) So, I took it into the shop (3rd time in 3 months) and they "fixed" it. :rolleyes:

As far as I can tell, nothing was done to the OS but the service tech said he cleaned the fan, CPU, etc. and reapplied thermal paste.

So, I get home, fire it up and right away, NOD32 tells me that my trial period ended 1184 days ago, would I like to purchase.

Well, I was trying to find out if I could get rid of the HTTP problem I was having in IMON. (See my other thread - "IMON problem?")

Anyone have an idea of what happened/how I can finish my trial? o_O NOD32 looks like a keeper if I can clear this HTTP problem.

Thanks!!!

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well if it was at the shop for a few days the trial would of ended.
    im sure the imon problem can be fixed.
    lodore

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Check your day/date/year and time of the system and bios clock. It sounds like they may have pulled the mobo battery and the internal clock reset to default.

4. kailasa108

kailasa108 Registered Member

Oh. The tech did say that when the system overheats (which is what has been happening these past few months unless I keep it on a cooling stand!), the motherboard senses it and tweaks the CMOS somehow to shut the system down. I guess the tech pulled the battery in order to reset the CMOS??

So, my guess is, if the rig was booted with some default date in the CMOS, then NOD32 noticed that and decided the trial was expired?? Damn. Is there any way to get it to notice a current system date? (System and BIOS date and time are correct when I checked them.) I never got a chance to make the changes suggest by Hi Tech boy to see if the HTTP problem I was having was fixed.

By my calendar I still should have about 23 days left on the trial.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have sent you a Private Message.

Cheers :D

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I see Blackspear probably has you taken care of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.