Preliminary q's about SpywareBlaster before installing - Thanks!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bloomcounty, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloomcounty

bloomcounty Registered Member

I was considering starting to use SpywareBlaster Free 3.5.1 and had a few questions. Hope that's okay! :)

1. How firmly does it "embed" itself in your computer when installing? Does it uninstall cleanly/easily without leaving any "junk" behind? (I ask because I've used other, unrelated software -- Acronis True Image 11 -- that gets so firmly embedded that even doing a full manual uninstall per Acronis' instructions leaves stuff behind that must remain or your "last known good Windows configuration" feature won't work -- and I want to avoid installing anything that doesn't easily/completely uninstall.) No offense meant, just like to get all the info upfront. :)

2. Does SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 "call home" or try to automatically connect to anything in any way?

3. Can you choose to update manually within the program or do you have to either let it update automatically or actually download updates yourself separately? (For example, in AVG, I choose to manually download/install updates each day by using that option within the program.)

4. My current stats: Windows XP Home, ZA Free 6.5.737, AVG A/V Free 7.5, AVG AntiSpyware Free 7.5 and use Firefox 2.0.0.12 for regular browsing (only use IE 6.5 for Windows Updates). And I plan to install/use SuperAntiSpyware 3.9 soon. Does SpywareBlaster play nice with all these? Or are there any compatibility or other issues?

Thanks!

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

1. After disabling all protection in SWB, it uninstalls quite cleanly.

2. No.

3. Manual downloads are the norm within SWB but u can opt for automatic ones with a small fee to Javacool. Also u can download the updates independent of the program if so desired,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

4. I have used some of the apps u mentioned at one time or another and have never encountered a conflict.

snowbound

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  3. bloomcounty

bloomcounty Registered Member

Thanks for the reply/info!

Sounds like I'll be okay -- but it'll still be a few days or so before I install, so if anyone else knows of any conflicts (especially with all those apps together), please give me a heads up.

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.