Preliminary participants to be included in AV Comparatives 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by smage, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yes, but then again they don't make any wild claims like Comodo does. So i don't really mind if they don't send their program for testing.

2. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

good to see webroot and quick heal... finally i see whether they are good enough

3. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Unfortunately...:(

4. jasonblake7

jasonblake7 Registered Member

What about adding Agnitum's new Outpost Security Suite FREE to the list ?

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Looks like a nice long list. The more the better.

6. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ask Agnitum, its up to them to want to join

7. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Oh good...another thread that takes on the Comodo hate...:rolleyes:

8. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

You aren't used to it by now? Anyway, if Comodo were to fail which won't happen, everybody will POUNCE! If & when Comodo succeeds....everyone will ignore the result & change the subject.:p

9. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

LOL...yeah. :D

Guess it just gets annoying to see over and over again.

Some don't like Comodo, we get it. Enough already.

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

CIS v5.3 rules man :D

Why so much negativity on them, you can say their AV blows, but you can't say that for their HIPS and Firewall IMO :thumb:

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's not that. I kinda like them but their attitude is absolutely crappy. If they were to rely solely on their software they'd go bankrupt already.
    We wouldn't be ignoring their scores if they weren't consisting entirely of Youtube videos and from unverified testers.
    AV-C performs dynamic tests where they actually execute malware. I'm sure Comodo would perform pretty well there but they just refuse to test it.
    Why exactly is beyond me. But i'm sure they could participate just in this test and no other.

12. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

Also posted back in this topic, Comodo stated they were to be tested as a single product in AV-C in their forums. Let's wait and see whether they can hold that promise.

As a side note, I don't like their ceo or marketing techniques, like a lot of people here. However they aren't doing anything more than annoying me, and I'm very satisfied with CIS as a security suite so I just ignore their PR and ceo.

13. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

Good for you. I don't share your view on th PR or Melih but I can respect a reasonable opinion rather than blind bashing. Anyway, is anyone else participating in these tests?:D

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I have never seen they release a list of the products that were going to be single tested :)
    Also, they don't really do that much, most of the times they test lots of suites (They're a company, they need revenue from somewhere ;))

15. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I hope that comodo does get tested. Even if it does fairly well ( low 90% range) I'll be happy with that. If I was soley relying on detection for my security, I wouldn't be using it. Of course I really don't need a percentage to know that it does detect a good amount of malware. Thats why there is D+ and sandboxie.

16. IBK

IBK AV Expert

there is never a list of products which are going to be single/separately tested, because in case of separately tested products the vendor decides if the results are published or not.
    we are not a profit-company, we are a NPO. this means that for us it does not make a difference if we test 15, 20 or 40 products, more products is just more work (and test takes longer, so readers have to wait more to see results) but the ppl do not get more salary if more products are tested.
    the list is "preliminary" because atm 21 are listed but we may drop one to have 20 as usual.

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Sorry that i though you were a profit organization, really sorry :ouch:
    Pardon Me :D

18. Tareq

Tareq Registered Member

It's now the middle of March. Does anyone know when will the on-demand test results be released for 2011?

19. IBK

IBK AV Expert

There are no fixed dates. This time the test started at end of February, so its likely that it will be released in some few weeks.

20. brunk

brunk Registered Member

They only want the mass public to see their HIPS results (which are obviously outstanding) read page 6 at ~ Removed Direct PDF Link as per AV-Comparatives Request - See Survey page for the actual PDF ~ , COMODO AV didn't even pass VB100 either (http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/vendor?id=93). They also failed the most recent test by AV-Test.org here http://www.av-test.org/certifications.php (did worse than McAffee across the board lol). In other words, they only want to show their good side, that way people will "think" the WHOLE suite is amazing. Resulting in more CIS suites being installed for COMODO to further improve their product, without the bruised reputation being widely known :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011
  21. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

You hit the nail on the head; that's exactly what I've been thinking. Their HIPS is good, but the average user doesn't know what to do when alerted, so it doesn't work for most people. I wouldn't get my grandma to be able to figure out their HIPS.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.