Prefetch\Rundll32.exe-35BB92D4.PF

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by polak, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polak

polak Registered Member

A scan with Counterspy antispyware software indicated I have a commercial keylogger (XPCSpy Pro 2.25) on my PC. It is identified in C:\windows\prefetch\rundll32.exe-35BB92D4.PF.

When I do a search the file identified by Counterspy exists in the specified location. What's confusing is that Ad-Aware, Spybot and SpySweeper do not identify this file as a keylogger.

Any thoughts if this just a false positive??

2. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

is it possible somebody else may have loaded this program onto your computer? somebody that might be snooping around into what you're doing? XPCSpy Pro 2.25 is surveilance and monitoring software and it isn't cheap. about $60. once installed (and the only way is if somebody installed it there at your computer), it can be set-up so that it will not show up in your task manager as running, and its shortcuts can be removed from the Start menu and the Add or Remove Programs control panel. i'm not sure why the others did not detect this, but if the file exists on your computer like you said, i doubt this is a false-positive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.