Pre-Sales: True Image and OS Selector

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Andreas Henning, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all

I hope someone can help me with a few pre-sales questions.

I'm very interested in True Image and its SRM (Startup Recovery Manager). So far I've held off from buying True Image, because activating the SRM modifies the MBR which would deactivate my boot manager (I'm currently running x64, Linux and XP on three partitions).

However, yesterday I discovered a post explaining that this is a non-issue if I'd use Acronis' newest OS Selector as my boot manager (see the last post [thread=54577]here[/thread]).

So this leaves me with the following questions:

1)
    Although I'm sure it is very good, I don't need the entire Disk Director Suite and would prefer paying only for the OS Selector. Can the newest version of OS Selector be purchased seperatly?

I can find copies of OS Selector 8.0 being sold seperatly, but this is probably not the version included in the most recent Disk Director Suite 9.0 which is required for True Image / OS Selector integration to work.

2)
    Acronis provides test versions of their products that can be download from their web site. Does the test version of Disk Director 9.0 contain a (at least partly) functional version of OS Selector?

3)
    Does True Image run under Windows x64.

Many thanks in advance
    Andy

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.