Pre install questions...Please

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wolfwatcher51, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfwatcher51

wolfwatcher51 Registered Member

From this forum I have decided that NOD32 is the way to go. I would like to try the free trial first. I know I have to uninstall my current AV, Avast, but need your input for the other sw. I have AdAware, SpyBot,and SpywareBlaster. I also use Firefox, Thunderbird and OpenOffice. Since NOD32 reads like it is av and malware killer, can I get rid of, or need to get rid of the others? Any problem with not having Outlook or Outlook Express? Can I use the install with the special settings if I am installing the trial version? Thanks, Chris.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello ! Welcome to Wilders ! :thumb:

Excellent choice !

No , you can keep the others if you like . It is up-to-you . Since they don't run in real time , they cannot conflict with each other so it is safe to keep them if you wish so .

You do have them , you just don't use them but ... No , there is no problem :)

Yes , of course :thumb:

You are welcome ! ;)

3. wolfwatcher51

wolfwatcher51 Registered Member

HT_B, Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, you are correct about the Outlook Express :oops: I guess the real question should have been, other than Avast, do any of the other programs do/find anything that NOB32 will not? No use having more stuff to keep up with if I do not need to. Thanks again, Chris.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.