Pre Backup command doesn't run

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RonNYC, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonNYC

RonNYC Registered Member

This is what I have under Before Backup Process:

k:\BackupCmd.Bat

and here is what's in the batch file:

echo "BackupCmd.bat ran..." >>ran.txt
    K:
    CD \
    del /Q/F MyBackup2.tib

If I run it manually, from the cmd prompt or by double clicking it, I do get a file called ran.txt and if there was a mybackup2.tib, it is deleted.

But when Acronis runs, nothing.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RonNYC,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I've just set exactly the same batch as a pre-backup command in the default Backup Archive Creation Options of Acronis True Image and it works just fine. I have Windows XP Professional SP2 and Acronis True Image 9.0 Home build 3625 installed on my computer.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3625) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3625.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3625) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please also reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

You didn't mention your version; there were several versions prior that had problems running commands. You should, as Support says, update to the latest.

Also as a quick check you could put a "pause" in your batfile and see if it is actually coming up at all...

4. RonNYC

RonNYC Registered Member

Thanks. I did forget to mention the version which is 3567, so I'm defintely in need of an update.

I'll report back after I do the update about whether that fixes the problem.

THANKS!
    RON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.