Practical rule based firewall ideas?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Taliscicero, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I am very used to using Filseclab's firewall on its " In deny - Out Deny " rule set where i have to define application rules manually, But its not compatible with my new vista machine, so I'm wondering are there any other firewalls like this? I have looked and they all require pop up nag screens.

2. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

3. Taliscicero

will try thanks.

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

There aren't many rule based firewalls left, especially ones that are updated for Vista etc. You might also try Look n Stop:

http://www.looknstop.com/En/index2.htm

5. Taliscicero

Yeah its sad, Old style firewalls are Dieing out and soon they will be only memories.

6. Sully

Sully Registered Member

For simple rules only, in/out allow/deny, SoftPerfect is a nice option. The updated it for vista I believe. I like it because you can export the .xml ruleset, archive it, even add to it yourself if so inclined. I also like the mac filtering and the option to include logging per rule. It's downside though are it's logs. I really wish it gave a litte more info in the logs. But it is super lightweight. And all tests I have ever done with it provide good protection.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.