PowerShadow does not stop low level disk changes

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by flinchlock, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Mike

Have a good trip. I've been emailing with Coldmoon re Returnil handling Raid 0 which it can't right now. He also said he really appreciated seeing your test of Powershadow and the low level disk access. Based on your tests they tested Returnil and found it had the same vulnerablity. They have fixed that and the next build contains the fix.

Well done.

Pete

2. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

When I get back, I plan to also test writing/deleting in a sector than is blank somewhere in the sector range that drive C: is.

For example, if C: is from sector 63 to 100,000,000 and the disk is 50% full/empty, I would be able to find lots of empty sectors, for example sector 90,000,000.

In case you wonder why I said sector 63 in the above sentence... the MBR is sector 0, and sectors 1-62 are not used. Sectors 0-62 = 1st cluster.

I am also about 90% sure the even "Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8 Special Edition" can also do damage to any sector.

But, need to test Full Shadow mode... maybe FULL = ALL SECTORS?

Mike

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Re: Zhusan trojan

Hi Solocroft! pls check ur PM box!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.