Powered Keylogger Undetectable?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Searching_ _ _, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It will be interesting to see if KeyScrambler can defeat it once it,s installed!

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Keyscrambler personal defeats it. Installed keyscrambler in xp sp3 then installed powered keylogger 2.2. Using IE6 powered keylogger records nothing but random keystrokes.

3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

@Kees1958

When I initially attempted to download the logger the other day it immediately triggered Avast due to the webshield being active. I did later that day disable Avast completely and then download the logger to my desktop. After enabling Avast again I was able to right click the logger and scan it with Avast which then alerted on it.

I will disable the webshield by itself here in a few minutes and then attempt to download the logger again and see what happens. I will let you know what happens.

4. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

@kees1958

With webshield disabled I was able to download the file to my desktop with no alert from Avast. However, if I either try to run the file or if I right click and scan it, then it is picked up by Avast.

Hope this helps.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

KeyScrambler defeats this keylogger. :thumb:

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Thx for testing, strange the write check of the standard module does not catch it, while scanner and webshield will catch it.

7. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

SEP11 won't allow download. But as this thing has been around for years (look at what AV's it was tested against), God forbid if a current AV would allow it.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Installed hidden files n driver are easily detected by a good antirootkit scanner. Gmer detects it for example. Also RootRepeal can catch it.

9. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I just downloaded it and KIS 2009 did not pick it up. What settings are you using?

I also tried with Avira Premium and NIS 2009...both of them stopped the download.

10. Jedi1

Jedi1 Registered Member

Settings/Threats and Exclusions/ under Threats go to settings and enable other programs in adware and other programs.

11. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

That did it...thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.