PowerDesk - some comments

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jadinolf, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

Thought it might be helpful to post this information so here goes.

I recently built an i5 Computer with 64 bit Windows 7 Pro. My first experience with Windows 7.

PowerDesk has been my favorite file manager since 1995. I still have Version 1 and the manual (remember manuals?)

I installed PD Pro Version 8.5 and it was a near disaster. I could not delete .jpgs nor could I move them. Got a message to the effect that I couldn't perform that action while PowerDesk was open (HUH?). I went on Avanquest Chat and after several minutes, they recommended that I use Windows Explorer instead. I gave up.

I then installed Version 6 which has always been a winner for me. I could delete and move .jpegs with no problem. Success, right? Nope, after a few minutes I could not get the program to open. I also got a Windows 7 message that Windows Explorer was messed up and Win 7 would try to find out what is wrong.

OK, now I tried PowerDesk 8.0. Success. Plus after several updates, it is now Version 8.4.1.12 and seems to be fine but it has been installed for less than 24 hours and my fingers are crossed.

I'm sure most people are not having problems with this Program and 7 but I know that, thanks to Google, at least some are.

Just thought I'd pass this on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.