PowerDesk Pro 8 and Windows XP SP3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chattycathy, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chattycathy

chattycathy Registered Member

I have been using PowerDesk Pro 6 since it was first released. But, now it has started giving me problems so I thought I would purchase another version. I downloaded the trial version of Powerdesk Pro 8 and installed it but then my computer wouldn't boot. I tried to restore it back to the last working configuration and that didn't work either. Luckily, I use Erunt so by booting to safe mode, I was able to restore it using this. Is there anyone out there that is using this version of Powerdesk with Windows XP Pro SP3 and if so, are you having trouble with it? Also, can anyone recommend a program that will let you uninstall in safe mode? That would have made this whole problem a lot easier if I could have just uninstalled while in safe mode. Thanks for your time.

2. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Imho PowerDesk Pro is costly bloatware. I'll never understand why people buy that product when there are really good Windows Explorer freeware alternatives, including Free Commander, Q-Dir, xplorer2 lite, and quite a few others.

As to uninstalling apps in Safe Mode, see this or this.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.