Power Shadow disables warning popups from Comodo

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Horus37, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

Hello,

I've noticed that after I activate comodo firewall inside a power shadow session 2.6 on an xphome computer that my warnings from comodo stop.o_O I'm not sure I feel good about that as These warnings were notifying me of potential threats and now it seems those warnings have been disabled. Does anyone else who runs comodo plus power shadow see this problem too? I feel this could be some kind of risk as comodo allows you to select whether to deny or let an application run with these warning popups. Is this a bug or a compatibility problem between the two?

2. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I ran a test with PS in shadow mode by downloading some malware and Comodo warned me with a pop-up that the malware was trying to reach the internet. Check your Comodo settings.

Al

3. Horus37

K thanks for the reply. I'll check my settings. Not sure why I'm not getting warnings anymore. Everything is activated in comodo so I should be getting the warnings still however after I activated it inside the power shadow it ceased to do this so I assumed it was the power shadow doing something to the settings. I'll let you know if I get it working again.

4. Horus37

Well I've messed with my computer by defragging alot and I also have FDISR on this machine however I'm not in a frozen snapshot trying to use Power Shadow which would be redundant. I didn't change any settings on my computer and now my warnings are back so can't say what caused it. One startling thing that is now happening is that I now have booted in from a limited user account and a strange popup occured that told me I no longer have an internet connection account and the "setup new internet connection wizard tried to start up." I am wondering why that happened? I'm starting to get a little unsettled with this program power shadow as that's a bit eerie for me to see a program trying to get you to start a whole new internet account. Hmmmmmmm. One thing I can say is that I do have quite a few services turned off in my "services" folder but it's been that way for a long time and this is the first I've ever seen this internet connection wizard. Might be something to do with booting into a limited user account after restarting the computer and allowing myself to select "single partition blah blah blah" on the power shadow pre boot menu. Anyone else? My computer shouldn't be this buggy.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Strange indeed but then again maybe not so much. Remember all of us who have turned to this program so far have not experienced issues like some of you are reporting, and one in particular seems to have to do with COMODO

Now i have picked up, or rather Kerio 2.15 picks up PS wanting to access the outside world but i got rules in place like others that refuse that request and thats that.

FWIW. I did have to Uninstall COMODO because KIS6 refused to install with it, so that i did, BUT, i also reinstalled my KERIO 2.15 just to be on the safe side and have not experienced any the problems whatsoever like is mentioned by some, and that firewall works perfectly for my units in tandem with Power Shadow and so i don't expect any issues with it either.

There is always going to surface some discrepencies with other programs whenever a new program comes around like this but they do look to be limited in nature and confined to particular programs.

All The Best!

6. Horus37

I can say I like your security setup. I use some of the same programs as you. I use rootkit unhooker latest build and power shadow and comodo plus Avast AV. I think I've solved the computer trying to do an internet connection wizard. It happened after I installed power shadow however just playing around I wanted to see if it would work in limited user mode which it does nicely. However that is when the internet connection wizard happened. Thinking back now I think that might have been the first time I booted into the limited user account in that snapshot. I use FDISR. Amazing all this works inside a snapshot-not frozen shapshot, with power shadow booting into full stealth in the pre boot then selecting limited user account. All the while with comodo and avast working great as well in this setup. I think these are minor glitches that I'm pretty sure I've squashed now. Just got to be really carefull with comodo and avast and disable the settings before the reboot. It's a bit of a chore but I'll deal with it for now.

So my setup looks like this:

I have avast lastest build, comodo latest build, power shadow, FDISR, running under limited user account, behind nat router with special settings to disable active x and java with WPA2 encryption rootkitunhooker, and most of the unnecessary services disabled. Good luck trying to fry my computer. :D

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

That's the spirit. ;)

My set-up is solid but my backup is not. My thanks for mentioning that earth-shattering snapshot app named FirstDefense-ISR. I will be adding that conscience/system-saving program on-board as soon as possible. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.