power defrag

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Rita, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi
    has anyone ever used this program--its supposed to be faster than the regular scandisk and defrag on windows.(power defrag) i downloaded it before and tried to use it and being computer illerate couldnt figure out how to do it and i think it messed up my regular scandisk though i deleted it and finaly got scandisk to work again.i was just wondering if this was a good program--if someone knew how to work it--my regular scandisk is so very slow id love to have something faster
    thanks
    Rita

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello Rita,

I looked at Power Defrag and the options it provides. I haven't used it however.

I assume you are using XP.

I use Perfect Disk and like it very much.

I tried several before I settled on Perfect Disk.

Maybe others will reply on Power Defrag.

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi Ron
    i am going to try perfect disk--thanks for link.i am using windows me,which i am told is garbage lol--i guess i should upgrade huh?
    thank you Ron
    Rita

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A lot of people use ME. I waited on XP. Been patching ever since! :D

5. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear ritaann, i'm running ME and it serves my purpose. XP needs a bit faster system and it offers a stable environment with a lot of security in multi-user environment. if you're the only user and you're running an old system then ME is fine. as far as defragmenting goes i use the built-in defrag from INTEL. in third party tools i think Norton is the best.

6. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

thanks AMRX
    i am using an old ibm computer and i guess me does all i need it too also.i have just been hearing me was the worst os ever--i guess really its all a matter of opinion huh?i wish i had more ram --only have 128.my scandisk takes forever i mean like 8 or 10 hours on both my computers i get this message windows has restarted 10 times--do you want to continue receiving this message and i just click no and wait till its done --its agravating for sure--anyway i downloaded this power defrag and didnt know how to use it and messed up scandisk for awhile--finaly got it working as good as 'ever' again
    many thanks
    Rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.