"Potentially Dangerous Content" inquiry

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by TheWildInside, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWildInside

TheWildInside Registered Member

I have now had my copy of ESET NOD32 (now version 5) for over a year .. first time I've ever paid for virus support without complaint! I've watched as it has caught and/or avoided more than a few nasty things (including more than one Trojan), so I trust it completely. Consequently, when I get a message from ESET like this: "Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content." I tend to thankfully scramble away. However, when I received this message recently from a tutorial website offering polymer clay color palette recipes, I was a bit boggled. And I could find no additional information about what the potentially dangerous content might be. I'm tempted to override the warning, but I've spent my share of wasted hours cleaning crap off my laptop and am hesitant to do so .. but I would REALLY like to access these recipes. Is there a way to discover the reason behind this warning? There are a ton of these recipes .. I've tried accessing five or six and get the same message every time. Here's an example of one of URLs:

http://www.googleadservices.com/pag...110880893&nm=2&nx=327&ny=32&clkt=264&jca=4414

Any suggestions??

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What's being blocked is a website offering various potentially unwanted applications (there's a correlation with certain Firefox add-on).

3. TheWildInside

The link is supposedly to a pdf. I've downloaded tons of jewelry-related pdfs without being warned away. What application could it possibly refer to? And what correlation to Firefox add-ons might there be (I usually avoid add-ons) o_O

4. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

It installs the Babylon toolbar. While not really malicious, it seems real intrusive and hard to get rid of.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It was discussed here for instance. As I wrote, they also advertise potentially unwanted applications on their website which a lot of our users don't want to install for a reason.

6. TheWildInside

THANK YOU! THAT'S the kind of information I was looking for! :D

.. and I will look elsewhere for color palettes!!

7. urquan

urquan Registered Member

About that list: "The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content."

How can a owner of such a website get it removed from that list, after removing all dangerous content?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  8. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Most if not all of that content is blocked by my Hosts file, by using one, you would not be seeing those pages and | or page elements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.