Post Command not executing Post job

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tkirchens, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tkirchens

Tkirchens Registered Member

I'm running Acronis*True*Image*Echo*Enterprise*Server (build*8,115).

I'm trying to have a VBScript execute after the backup job, by utilizing the Post Command option in the wizard during the configuration of the Backup Job that is a Scheduled Task in True Image.

This script is to rename the backup file to include the time and date. When I run the Task the script is executed prior to the Backup Job. There is no user interaction within the script, in fact the only things it does is change the file name and write a log file. I know the script is executed prior to the Backup job, because the log has a time stamp and it is updated even before the Backup process even begins. I have tested this by manually executing the Task, as well as scheduling it and letting it run automatically at the preset time.

I have nothing in the Pre Command field and have even tried putting my commands in the Pre field and the same behavior is observed.

Thank you for your help,
    Tim

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tkirchens,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

There is no need to have VBScript in pre-/post commands in order to implement time and date for the scheduled backup task. Just use the following syntax when you give the name to backup archive:

e.g. MyBackup[date].tib

Every created backup archive will include current time and date of creation in their names.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. Tkirchens

Thanks a lot!

That works out great, I've done some searching and can't find any documentation about this feature. Are there any other key words that can be used to dynamically name the backup?

Thanks!

4. Acronis Support

Hello Tkirchens,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

Unfortunately, there are no any additional key words you can use. This feature was implemented separately, according to a special task.

By the way, it doesn't work for the Home versions.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  5. Tkirchens

Thank you for the help. That command did exactly what I wanted (sans the inclusion of Time of day).

I also found out why the pre/post command was not working properly, I was issuing it within the Database section for pre/post data-capture. After realizing this, the pre/post backup commands work as expected.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Tkirchens,

Thank you for your feedback. I am really glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.