Possible?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Proud User, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proud User

Proud User Registered Member

I think there's something about NOD32 that could be improved. Currently NOD32 can't do a thing to get rid of viruses stored into zips, rar, etc from the scanning module and I know you can't help that, but how about being able to delete that zip files instead?, doesn't a "Delete virus containing file" button appeal to you?, even better, being able to right click on any of the names displayed at the log and press "Open folder" would kick, so you don't have to manually browse for the file and do it once the scanning is done.

It's really sad when NOD32 finds a virus into one of these files and you're only prompted to a "leave" button ;)

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

The function you are seeking is already possible. When you do a "clean" having the Archives drop down in the action tab set in the on-demand scanner to "prompt for action", it does not give you a choice to clean, delete or rename (I believe this to be a bug since no other actions are possible). Change the Action on Archives to clean if cleanable and delete if uncleanable. One may also want to check the Quarantine box in case you want to send the file to ESET (whether it is a NewHeur_PE or false positive) for analysis.

I hope this helps.

3. Proud User

Thank you, but the real point was making it possible to delete'em without having the "auto-clean" enabled, I suppose that bug should be checked out :)

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Are you sure you mean bug?

5. Proud User

If you're pointing the question at me, I think it might be, now that rumps does mention it, but could be something not implemented for a reason as well.

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well, yes... since you were the one who called it a bug ;-)

I am definitely not saying it wouldn't be a nice option - I just felt that "bug" was too strong a word for an option that we might like to see implemented. I think I should have explained further in my previous post as I certainly did not mean to sound confrontational.

7. Proud User

"I believe this to be a bug since no other actions are possible"

Actually, as you can see, it was rumpstah who used the word "bug" for the very first time, so I was quite curious about who you were asking to since I did second his statement.

Anyhow, I didn't feel confronted so let's relax ;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

lol - oops! I swear I read through there several times - dunno how I missed that!

9. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Heh. :) I forgot the question mark at the end of bug.
    Action would be a better programming term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.