Possible Virus bypass NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by BarronN30, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarronN30

BarronN30 Registered Member

Hello, I had recent problems since yesterday night.
    I needed Microsoft .NET Framework so I downloaded version 3.0 service pack 1. But as I was searching for this framework, I must have downloaded in a wrong area. All of a sudden, my gmail will load to about 75% complete, then it says gmail has stopped loading and reloads again. It reloads to 75% repeatedly and then restarts again.
    So I did a full system recovery since my NOD32 Version 4 did not detect it, neither did my Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.2. (I been running them side by side with no problems).
    So after I system restored, I plugged in my external drive (which I had plugged in during when I installed .NET Framework.
    I did windows update which prompt me to restart. So after I restarted my computer, I started having problems. My internet would be connected but it doesnt show the Network Connections on the taskbar. I tried to go Start -> Control Panels -> network settings and it would freeze on me at that point.
    Then I replugged my external hard drive, and it took about 40 mins to detect the hardware.
    I did a full system scan and it detected no viruses.
    What could this be? I'm scared to use my external now because I'm scared it might be infected and I dont want to infect my other computer.
    Does anyone know whats happening?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you already created a lof from SysInspector and checked it for suspicious files? If you're not familiar with analysing logs, you might want to contact customer care. As of v4, a SysInspector log can be attached to the support request.

3. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

4. BarronN30

BarronN30 Registered Member

is that link correct? I see a s in https. But I could go into gmail kinda. It loads up to 75% and resets. I cant log off cause I was already stuck on logged on to my account. I tried logging on to my account on other computer and it worked fine.
    To Marcos: I sent analysis report before but not for this problem since none was detected. I havent used SysInspector before and I'm not really sure how to use. I'll try to contact customer care to see how to use it. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.