Possible to lock users down to groups?

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by mgworek, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgworek

mgworek Registered Member

We have been using Eset for about 3 - 4 users. I have always been the only user who used the remote admin console.

We are about to roll out the client to 50 or 60 devices we have in the field. I need to give my support staff access to support these new devices in the field but I do not want them to have access to the current devices using Eset which are our corporate computers.

Thanks.

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

You can setup ESET Remote Administrator Replication, to use multiple ERA Servers that share the client data, but allow the support staff to only have access to an ERA Lower Server (if required), while you still maintain administration of the ERA Upper Server (which could host your corporate computers):

How do I configure ESET Remote Administrator server replication?

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN950

You can also define or change user accounts that will be allowed access to the ESET Remote Administrator Consoles, and then specify some settings regarding what the support users have access to, within the ERA User Manager:

Open the ERA Console > Go to Tools > Then select User Manager

You can also setup each antivirus client with a Setup Parameters Password:

How do I password protect program settings on client workstations using ESET Remote Administrator? (5.x)

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3169

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.