Possible to archive backups?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Annex, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annex

Annex Registered Member

I do a full image of my HD every night. However instead of replacing the previous nights image, is it possible to have it be renamed? What I want to have is always 2 backup files, one for the last backup and one for the backup before that.

2. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

if you're creating a full disk image once a day into the secure zone by setting up a task, just be sure to have more than enough space available in the secure zone for more than two full images.....as the third image tries to be stored in the secure zone, the oldest full backup will be deleted out of the secure zone, leaving you with the latest two full images all the time.

3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I have 3 scheduled Full B/U tasks. One runs every Sunday; one runs every Mon, Wed & Fri; one runs every Tues, Thurs & Sat.
    Something like that should give you what you want.
    PS - All 3 have different target names.
    PS2 - Actually, I have 5 more; run on the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th.
    I’ve been in computer operations for 32 years. LOL

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Annex,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Besides of the suggestions posted above, I would also like to suggest you the following methods:

1. Schedule two tasks: one for the daily full image creation on each two days starting from the present day with the file name backup1.tib for example and another for the daily full image creation on each two days starting from tomorrow with the file name backup2.tib for example.

2. Schedule a task for the daily full image creation with the file name backup.tib for example.

Create a special batch file containing the script that will autimatically rename the already existing full image to backup_yesterday.tib and delete any previous backup_yesterday.tib file.

Set this batch file as a pre- command in the backup archive creation options (see section 4.3.3 of User's Guide).

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.