Possible spyware? (need help)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ninjamonkey, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey Registered Member

sometimes, when i open up a new window of IE, it doesnt have hte same toolbars up and soemtimes it doesnt even have the adress bar. also, the windows logo with the white square is larger than usual.

has this happened to anyone else?

i did a scan with ad-aware and it only found tracking cookies and wildtangent.
    I used the housecall online virus scanner before. Before it even started scanning it said it found some malware thing. could that have been the cause?

why didnt spywareblaster stop it?

i have had this happen a number of time after that, but that online virus scanner didnt find the malware anymore.

This strange problem prevents me from using shift+clicking to open new windows, and it takes away all of my toolbars except for google toolbar. I have to right click and add my toolbars again. The problem seems to go away after i reboot.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.