possible problems with repeat reinstalls?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by leoliver, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leoliver

leoliver Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to "tweak" in both the latest build of TI 10 and also see if I can make TI 10 compatible with RestoreIt 7 personal edition.
    In the course of doing so, I've had to do repeated uninstalls/reinstalls of TI 10 in a very short time. Could these repeated uninstalls/reinstalls of TI 10 causes any problems with TI 10 or my computer ?
    The last time I attempted to reinstall the latest build of TI 10, the installation proceeded just so far and then reversed its self, saying that the installation was interrupted and to try again. i don't know what could have interrupted it, I had RestoreIt 7 uninstalled and my anti-virus disabled at the time. And no other applications were running.
    Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Larry,

Try clearing all you temp files. There's probably something in there from a previous install.

3. dvohwinkel

dvohwinkel Registered Member

Also in windows go into device manager... and see if there is any "Acronis Devices".. if there are delete them before trying to reinstall. I had that cause failures before. Once I deleted them, it installed without any issues.

-Dave

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello leoliver,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please follow the instructions I have provided in this previous thread you have started to obtain the information that would allow us to investigate the reason for the issue with installation of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. leoliver

leoliver Registered Member

I followed all the tips, sucessfully reinstalled the prior build than installed the latest update ( on "top" ) on that . Everything is working fine now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.