Possible next pandemic

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by snowbound, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Very worrisome situation developing in SE Asia,

Bird flu pandemic is possible, CDC warns

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7011015/

I was in Saigon, Vietnam at the tail end of the SARS epidemic in July 2003.

Bird flu wasn't prominent there then but 20 people have died of it so far this year.

Scary situation.....

snowbound

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The Avian flu is very virulant and is resistant to treatment. Not a good thing for the very young and the people that have a weak immune system. Lets hope that it doesn't get doing as they expect and it fades away.

bigc

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Mmmmmmm!... What makes me smile are these Reporters and Camera Crews from the UK who fly out to these Countries to report on the Virus, and they are actually filming at an affected Chicken Farm??!!.....One of these guys came out with a brilliant stroke of logic......He was of the opinion that the "Danger would lie with people flying into the UK from these Countries and bringing the Virus with them"!!.....they then, all caught a plane back to the UK :eek: :eek: :eek: ...you just couldn't make it up could you...... :D :D

Cochise, :cool:

4. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Didn't you know, it actually requires a lot of intelligence to be a Reporter :D

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Plus the fact that they are so Damn Thick and lathered in their own importance, they are probably immune to anything that's going......So that leaves them free to give all of us something for Nothing.....I'll tell you this, if I get Bird Flu and die, I certainly won't be paying my next TV Licence to keep them in Luxury..... :D
    Whilst we're on the subject of TV Licences.....I notice mine has now risen to £121.00 per Year....... :'( :mad: ......Does anyone else in this World have to pay to view sheer C**p??......Rant...You don't even have to watch the rubbish they put on TV....if you have a receiver, you pay, even if you don't switch it on.....??

6. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Hey Chise, I've got the perfect solution for you, and it's cheap too. Ahh, memories. ;)

Attached Files:

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

So What makes you think I speak Japanese Beej.... :D :D :D...did I miss something in the translation.... :D :D

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

From what i saw while in Asia, a big problem is a lot of people literally live side by side with their animals making the transition of the virus from animal to human almost inevitable in time.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.