Possible issue w/Smart Security & graphics

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SDMom, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDMom

SDMom Registered Member

My daughter got a new Alien Ware lap top computer (windows 7), she goes to install her licensed version of NOD32, apparently she got an upgrade to version 6. She activated the anti-left tool....

Ever since then, she has not been able to download graphics from the internet, via any browser. Matter of fact she can't download from the internet period. She cannot uninstall ESET at all, even in safe mode - to see if perhaps this is the issue. Any help here would be most appreciated.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

My initial guess is a conflict with a previously-installed anti-malware program that was not completely uninstalled from the laptop. My suggestion would be as follows:

1. Download the ESET Uninstall Tool referenced in the How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product? ESET knowledgebase article.
    2. Download the latest version of ESET Smart Security from this page on ESET's web site.
    3. Contact Dell/Alienware support to find out what anti-malware software the laptop shipped with and acquire the manual uninstaller for it (a partial list can be found here on ESET's support web site)
    4. Run this other uninstall tool, following whatever instructions that anti-malware vendor provides. Reboot the system when done.
    5. Run the ESET Uninstall tool you downloaded in step #1 to remove any remnants of ESET Smart Security from the laptop. Reboot the system when done.
    6. Reinstall ESET Smart Security from the copy you downloaded in step #2.
    At this point, ESET Smart Security should work fine on the Alienware notebook.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.