Possible infection and how to ensure system is clean.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by FrozeNn, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrozeNn

FrozeNn Registered Member

Hi dudes, couple of days ago, plugged my friend's thumbdrive into my PC and Kaspersky found some trojans such as Trojan.WIN32.ShipUp.e ,Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.afh and Trojan Downloader Win32.Todon.u.

Deleted them straight away but not sure whether any other viruses/trojans have slipped through Kasperesky's detection.

So, any tips to ensure my PC is clean of viruses/trojans? Will running a full system scan with Kaspersky, AVG antispyware works? If not , what do i do to ensure my system is clean.

Im on
    Kaspersky AntiVirus
    AVG Antispyware
    Windows Antispyware

Thanks mate in advance :D

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Formatting the hard drive and doing a clean install of windows will give you a clean system. Its a real pain but its the only way to really ensure nothing bad is left on your system.

3. cortez

cortez Registered Member

I agree especially if you are doing banking or similar critical tasks over the net. This is where an imaging application can reduce the time "reinstalling". Plus "reinstalling" calms the nerves and allows for easier sleeping after an "infection".

4. reparsed

reparsed Registered Member

Are we talking about an "infection" or merely an "exposure"?

In the case of an exposure, deleting the offending files should be sufficient.

If you were infected, short of reinstalling I'd run a scan from a bootable CD such as UBCD or UBCD4win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.