Possible conflict with ZA 70_337_000 causes BSOD.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SpHeRe77, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpHeRe77

SpHeRe77 Registered Member

Hi,

Today I had to reinstall ZoneAlarm pro 70_337_000 and when I rebooted I got a BSOD. To see if this was the case I uninstalled both Nod32 and ZoneAlarm, then rebooted back into windows and again reinstalled ZoneAlarm, then rebooted recieved no BSOD error.
    Has anyone else had issues with running Nod32 and ZoneAlarm Both latest versions - have you had any crashes or BSOD?

2. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

I trialed ZAPro 7.0.337 along with Nod32 and Spysweeper 5.3 and had no conflicts between Nod and ZAPro. I had the ZAPro AS component off. My operating system is XP SP2. I settled on ZAAS instead of ZAPro because it was cheaper. Do you have any other security apps running?

edit: I see there is a new Nod version which I haven't loaded yet. My current version is 2.70.32

3. SpHeRe77

I also have installed Avg Antispyware 7.5, SUPERantispyware, Webroot SpySweeper 5.3, A2 [A-Squared 2], Bitdefender 8[on-demand]. When I installed ZoneAlarm and rebooted I only had Nod32 running with AMON, IMON disabled[Nod32 version 2.70.39]

4. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

No troubles here with ZaPro 7.0.337.00 and NOD32 2.70.32

Why did u have to reinstall ZoneAlarm?

Maybe you should completely uninstall ZoneAlarm before installing it again.

Check zonelabs forum for a complete uninstall guide

5. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

I've run SAS free along with the ZAPro and Nod and spysweeper again with no conflicts. I can't help with the rest of the apps you mentioned. Have you recently updated your NOD32 to the latest version (2.70.39 - I think)? Other than that, I guess I can't offer any suggestions.

edit: After re-reading your last post I see you are running Nod32 V2.70.39. I suppose it is possible that new version could have a conflicto_O

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

You need to go on a diet.

7. SpHeRe77

Hi,

I have had been having some True Vector shutdowns/crahses while using Bittorrent, so I decided to uninstall and try again. Uninstalled and used the guide here; http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/Prod_1/Articles55646/CompleteUninstallNonNT.html

I installed ZoneAlarm and everything was fine until I rebooted, and I got a standard BSOD screen. I have had possible issues with older versions of Nod32 relating to BSOD, but by adding ZoneAlarm components to the Exclusions lists in AMON, IMON I stopped getting them. I have run Dr. Watson and it shows - no faults.

8. 5150

5150 Registered Member

LOL! Agreed! :D Maybe it's the combination of all of these proggies that is causing your system to stress-out, with ZA being the final straw??

9. SpHeRe77

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  10. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Latest versions of NOD & ZAP working perfectly here on WinXP - but ZAP7 crashes WinServer 2003! :doubt:

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The resource useage of some of these programs is signifigant even if you run them on demand. 5150 may have hit the nail on the head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.