possible conflict with spybot s&d teatimer

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by mondaymonday, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mondaymonday

mondaymonday Registered Member

I have xp pro and running spybot, avg antivirus, adaware, and ewido.
    Just recently installed ewido. When I did a scan before, it was always
    freezing halfway thru. dont know if anyone else has had this problem - but when I turned off the teatimer in spybot today, I no longer had this problem.
    Is there any info on this type of conflict anywhere and other things I need to worry about? thx. otherwise, so far I think it is a great little program.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I can't be sure but if you believe it is because of TeaTimer , just disable TeaTimer . It does nothing important , btw ;)

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would debate otherwise in a more appropriate forum....unless you feel you are mistaken or confusing TeaTimer with some other resident protection ?

4. carex

carex Registered Member

How do you disable teatimer?, I think there's a conflict between that and System Restore on my PC

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I believe it is impossible to have a conflict between TeaTimer and System Restore . Correct me if I am wrong

If you want to temporary disable TeaTimer , right click on it and exit it.
    If you want to permanently disable TeaTimer (on your own risk :D ) , goto Start-> Run -> type msconfig and press ENTER . Goto the last tab (Startup items) . Find TeaTimer and uncheck it . Apply and OK :thumb:

6. btman

btman Registered Member

Or use ewido... do analysis... go to startup items... click remove :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.