possible conflict utorrent and NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by RANIA, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RANIA

RANIA Registered Member

o_O Hello to everybody!I have some questions about personal firewall in NOD32. The thing is that I am using utorrent to download filew, movies, songs etc. Because the upload speed is lower than expected, I found out that the firewall of NOD32 may block some peers from connecting with me. I opened personal firewall window and the torrent file I was downloading was there. Being there, what does it mean?That it is being checked for viruses?Can I exclude it so as the upload speed increases ?How can I exclude it?And if so, NOD 32 will still protect me or not?As you can read , I may lack of basic knowledge about the utilities of NOD32! Please help! :doubt:

2. ethernal

ethernal Registered Member

hello,

the personal firewall window will list all active network connections. utorrent is inherintly a network application, so if it's on, it'll be there.
    i've had no issues in regards to using utorrent and ess without changing any of the settings, it worked fine straight away.

what is your expected speed, what is your current speed and what is your connection capable of according to your isp? thank you

3. RANIA

RANIA Registered Member

hello ethernal,
    the internet connection I have is 1-2 Mbps, and the speed i can download is close to 40 kbs..I did a research and the problem seems to be the settings that have been made concerning the router.I have to make a static IP adress and open a port for the peers to be able to connect with me.And then that port I have to make settings to NOD 32 to allow it whwn using utorrent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.