Possible bug, unusual behaviour in PREVX

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by overangry, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overangry

overangry Registered Member

I originally posted this in Introducing the new prevx edge
    post#4311 and fear it is misplaced in this thread.

Hi, I hope someone can help me out with this,

This may be a possible bug, this behavior cant be right

Ok then let me give you a quick summary of events:

I downloaded a screen saver, recommended by some trustworthy sites. I researched before downloading.
    Well prevx detected 2 high risk worms Being a screen saver and all I thought that anything is possible(personally, still believing it to be a false positive)

Alarm bells went off within prevx and me...

I didn't want to clean up just yet, thought I would perform a system scan that's when it all started

I sopped (not paused)the scan because I had to urgently attend to something, just for a minute. I wanted to restart the scan and had realised my red blinking icon had turned green(safe) STRANGE Well I proceed with my scan and there are no more threats on my system... CLEAN

I couldn't believe it, So I thought I would run the exe again alarm bells in prevx detecting the same worm, well... scan, paused(clean green)restart scan and no more threats
    What has happend

Now to make things worse I ran the exe again, this time prevx detects nothing
    the file is now clean or is it

Could you please explain this behaviour

I have both log files
    1. Infection is noted at page bottom(high risk worm)
    2.the miraculous recovery from certain destruction no mention of its existence (taken later; not even detecting or mentioning the previous infection)

Can some one replicate this, I'm sure it's not limited to my exe?(for identifying it as clean after a stopped scan and rescan)

Who can I post the log files too? I would like to send you the link to the site so you can verify it as a threat or FP

help

It was silly of me to post the same thread twice, the other thread is being answered.
    My apology

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.